Who had their roof down today?

Ray@Sax

Reactions
Brilliant sunny day here in Suffolk, sorry if cloudy where you are, 9 degrees so had the roof down on a trip to Great Yarmouth, had to put it up again on way home though.

skromfols

Reactions
I had my roof down yesterday for about 70 miles. Temp was mid 70's and I was on the freeway most of those miles at 65 - 70 MPH. I found that having the drivers window up kept wind buffeting to a minimum and the temp was just right. It was a great day to be riding in a convertible.

skromfols

Reactions
Doesn't anyone drive with their top down ? I've probably put 3 or 4,000 miles on with the top down this summer. Usually these are drives in the early morning or late afternoon/evening. My wife and I love riding up in the mountains with the top down, it's almost as good as being on my motorcycle, and much more comfortable.

Grandex

Reactions
Nice day for repair my car. I already own one of the two that I want. The current one is an R230, SL55 AMG, dark blue with light gray interior. I wanted this because it’s really considered the last “driver’s car” that Mercedes produced. Yes, the technical performance on the newer ones are better. I used to buy parts for cars here However, after driving some of them, the visceral feel is quite different. If you grew up in the era before video games, traction control and disconnected steering, you’d understand what I mean. There’s driver’s response and feel of the road.

Last edited:

Lostjonny

Reactions
The only time I wear my top is overnight or if things are falling out of the sky, otherwise its 24/7 topless, and yes, there are comments :)